Last modified: 10/20/99
Last reviewed: 10/20/99
Installing MathType 1.x-3.x fonts for Adobe Type Manager (ATM) 2.0 under
The information in this document applies to:
MathType 3.0 (Win)
MathType 2.0 (Win)
MathType 1.0 (Win)
Adobe Type Manager 2.0 (Win)
- After both MathType and ATM have been installed, double-click on the
"MathType Setup" icon and choose "Custom Install".
Scroll down the "Install:" list and click on "Fonts for Adobe
Type Manager (ATM)" and then on the "OK" button.
- Once the first "...Directory Selector" dialog appears, find and
double-click on the ATM icon. Make sure ATM is set to "ON" and
that the "Use Pre-built or Resident Fonts" choice is not checked.
Click on the "Add..." button.
- Make a note of the outline font directory and the font metrics directory
near the bottom of the ATM window. Return to the MathType Directory Selector
dialog and make sure the directory listed is the same as the outline fonts
directory just noted. Change it to the ATM listing you just noted if it is
not, then click on "OK".
- Do the same for the next Directory Selector dialog, making sure the font
metrics directory is the same as shown in the ATM window. Click on
"OK". When the installation is complete, click on the
"OK" button for each of the two remaining dialog boxes.
Installing fonts into ATM
- Return to the "Add ATM Fonts" window. Under the
"Directories:" list locate the font metrics directory so that it
shows as the "Source Directory:" at the top of the window. See the
ATM manual if you need help moving around the directories.
- MathType supplies four PostScript fonts; these are "Fences",
"MT Extra", "MT Symbol", and "MT Symbol,
ITALIC". Find them in the "Available Fonts:" list and click
once on "Fences". Hold down the control (CTRL) key and click once
on the three remaining MathType fonts. Scroll down the list if necessary,
making sure all four fonts are now highlighted. Click once on the
"Add" button; the fonts will now be installed into ATM.
- Click on the "Exit" button. You will now have to exit back to
DOS and restart Windows.
When fonts are added to versions of ATM below 2.0, instructions are
mistakenly removed from the Windows WIN.INI file that download fonts to
PostScript printers. This bug was fixed with the 2.0 release. If you have an
earlier version you must re-install any downloadable PostScript printer fonts
that you installed into ATM in order to rebuild the WIN.INI. The following
instructions explain how to re-install MathType's PostScript printer fonts, if
you have a PostScript printer.
- Double-click on the "MathType Setup" icon. Choose "Custom
Install" and then click on "Printer fonts..." from the list
of items, and then click on "OK."
- From the list of installed printers, choose all PostScript printers, and
click on "OK." Click on "OK" for both of the following
- After the fonts have been installed, click on "OK" in the last